Monday 9 April 2012

Instagram. The 1 Billion dollar App. Just bought by Facebook.






Welcome back and hello again.
I hope your Easter break was as good as mine!


But barely back when all of a sudden....Facebook buys Instagram for one billion dollars! You might have seen my piece on Instagram here http://streamabout.blogspot.com/2012/03/instagram-apps-and-100000-dollars-in.html

I also mentioned it on Friday as part of a point about the growth of mobile.

It's basically an App (but apples 'App of the year' last year) which improves photographs really well. Beautiful in fact and I'm guessing Facebook are looking to buy content players.


But in advance of an IPO? And a billion usd?
It seems hard to make sense of right now.
Still, content is king and I'm sure Facebook have a plan to cross sell and integrate but just it's a lot to pay for it....


Only just announced so it has also been kept real quiet.
I just wanted to let you know.


Blog back in full strength tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment